Creative Arts at Talbot School
‘are that stuff on which dreams are made’
Andre Farret, is the Music and Drama Teacher for Talbot School.
Students study a wide range of performance skills, music genres, drama and art techniques. Learning is assessed utilising P scales, photographic/video evidence and school assessment tools and lessons are enriched by a wide range of visits from musicians, artists and theatre groups. We work hard to form partnerships with other Creative Arts providers, thus giving students numerous opportunities to perform both in school and as part of prestigious national festivals. Please visit ‘Latest News’ on this website for more details of our current initiatives
Creative Arts partners include:
LIVE MUSIC NOW; Shakespeare Schools Festival; National Theatre Connections; Sheffield Theatres; Sheffield Music Hub; Music in the Round; Arts Award ; Newfield School, Sheffield .
Highlights from previous years include:
- Participation in the Shakespeare Schools Festival including, in 2012, a Gala Performance of A Midsummer Night’s Dream at the Royal Court, London. In 2018 a performance of Taming of the Shrew, at the Montgomery Theatre Sheffield.
- 4 years’ participation in the National Theatre’s Connections Festival-the only specialist school to participate.
- Guitar lessons and drumming lessons from Sheffield Music Hub for Y7/8 pupils
- Enrichment workshops in school from theatre groups, sculptor and local artist, Joe Scarborough
- Termly live music performances in conjunction with LIVE MUSIC NOW
- Performing Arts GCSE. In 2016 we were delighted to enter 6 students for this qualification. Students obtained 2 ‘E’s and 4 ‘F’s – a superb achievement.
Please feel free to contact me here in school or by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any queries about our work.